Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Staying current

As I'm sure most of you do I have been working in my classroom this week. As I begin to set up the furniture and organize my materials I realized that I am such a dork! I just love having the opportunity to start fresh each year. A new set of students, a new classroom set up, new lessons, etc. As I thought back I realized that this is my 3rd year in this classroom. I have rearranged my classroom every year. I started to wonder if I am the only one who does this. I know teachers at my school who keep their room exactly the same every year. There is nothing wrong with this. If you find something that works for you don't change it! For me it is not just about the way the room looks it is also about how you prepare for the school year. I truly examine everything from the previous year. Some things I keep and do exactly the same. Others I don't reuse EVER. Most of my lessons and ideas are tweaked from year to year after careful reflection. It is my hope that all teachers, whether they keep their room the same year to year, or never have it the same way twice, are always updating and tweaking their lessons and activities. This is truly the only way to stay current and reach the needs of our students. I hope all of you have a stress free time setting up your classrooms, and enjoy the last little sliver of summer!

2 comments:

  1. I have moved for the last 3 years to 3 different schools...so needless to say, my room always looks different. This is my first year in the same room but I am still debating if I want to keep things the same or move things around. Like you, I am always trying to think of ways to move things around so it will work the best for me. Good luck with your new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Love your blog and the design!! I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Follow my link to see how to accept!

    http://spunkyinsecond.blogspot.com/2013/07/liebster-award.html

    Farrar Polman

    ReplyDelete