Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

What a week!

We have had quite the week! Our state's standardized test (CRCT) was administered to grades 3-5 Monday and Tuesday so we were confined to the room for most of those days. Yesterday we spent much of the day writing. I told my students that they were all going to write a letter to our principal asking her to change something they don't like about our school. I was so pleased that many of my students remembered that they needed to give reasons to persuade her to change what they wanted changed. Some of them were really good like No more dress code, Lower the price of ice cream to 75 cents and PE every day. Other were funny such as Give Mrs. Gifford a raise (I could not agree more ;)), Let us have recess all day long and fire Ms. X (a substitute we have who is very strict). At the end of the day I was impressed with most of their writing, but I realize that some of them still are not ready for 3rd grade yet. Today was our Field Day. My kiddos and I had the best time! I had a couple of awesome moms who helped me wrangle the kids, cheer us on and develop strategy to win. It is always nice when parents come to help with any aspect of the day. I am really looking forward to tomorrow because I will be using my multiplication unit's center to assess students and allow them to have some multiplication practice. I will post pictures this weekend and let you all know how it goes. Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment